For those of you who don't know, I am in FLA at a Church of God General Conference Church Planters Conference.
God has been so good to me here and He has been on the move for the whole time. For the first time in quite some time, I feel a sense of purpose and a sense of direction concerning the new things that God wants to do in my life and through the ministry that He has called me to and entrusted to me. I have a clear sense that this is a landing place for me and for RGM.
Also, it is a clear sense that this sense of purpose and direction for me is not just about me at all. He has positioned me on the ground floor of something historic that He is doing in the wider body of Christ called the Churches of God General Conference. This week is actually the first ever SENT Conference and is the beginning of God shaking up the church and moving the CGGC in new directions. I have just been privileged to have been lead and called to be a part of it.
I am excited about what God is up to. I wonder what it is that He has in store for me and for the church. I also have a sense in my spirit that God is about to wake up the church in New England and that He is going to use us to reclaim the ground that the enemy has stolen.
Are you excited about that? Does that make your heart leap within you? Do you have a passion, a real passion for the lst? God does...and so do I! and I want to be a part of something bigger than myself. And I am looking for those who might want to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
Maybe God is calling you to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Maybe you want to have this sense of expectancy and vibrancy within you. Maybe you don't feel alive, or haven't for a long time. Well, I am here to tell you that you can share in this with me, because it isn't about me at all. It is about God's kingdom. It is about what God is doing upon the face of the earth to make Himself known and to let us share in His plan and His action. It is about changing the world, the world we live in and the world beyond. It is about changing lives and seeing people come to the place of surrender and of hope. it is about transformation and radical living. It is about being counter-culture and about building something that will endure.
For the first time since RGM began, I have found a place of like-minded vineyard workers who get it. Who will invest in me as I invest in others. Who understand that it isn't about any one of us at all but that it is about every one who is lost and doesn't have life or hope in them coming to the place of finding life and hope. It is about the work of seeing others come to the place of finding hope and life in the person of Jesus Christ for themselves. It is about living on the edge and changing the paradigm. It is about God and God alone.
I am so excited and so blessed, and I invite you to share in the journey with me. If you would like to know how yu can support that, just ask. I will be glad to fill you in on what or how you can co-labor in the vineyard with me. Also, if you are reading this and yo have no idea what this is about but you are curious, please let me know what your questions are and I will be glad to share my heart, life and faith with you.
To God be the Glory. Amen
Pastor Jeff
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
So, here we are, more than a decade since I last wrote a blog. A lot has changed, but my pursuit is still the same. I am seeking after the t...
-
So, as I have always said, there can be no resurrection without a death. In order for there to be new life there must be a passing...
-
So, many of my friends have told me that I need to write. One even said, "you're a writer, write." God has always given me ple...
No comments:
Post a Comment